Conference Code of Conduct
This conference is a safe space for people with intersex variations and those with a supportive interest in intersex issues to share their research, advocacy work, and experience. In order to maintain a safe and welcoming environment for all attendees, please adhere to the following code of conduct.
For all attendees:
- Be inclusive – support people of all backgrounds, abilities, neuro-divergences, bodies, genders, sexualities and identities;
- Be respectful to all attendees and speakers. Aggression will not be tolerated;
- If you are a member of the media/press, please identify yourself to all attendees by wearing the provided lanyards
- Avoid using stigmatising and pathologising language and visual imagery;
- Be respectful of individuals’ self-defined gender identities and pronouns;
- All events will be chaired. Speakers will be given time to receive questions after the delivery of their paper, please wait for the chair to invite questions – do not interrupt papers.
- Please keep your paper within the time allocated and respect the chair of the panel when any guidance is given regarding time;
- Please be respectful, stay on topic and do not address interpersonal, academic, inter-activist, or any other disputes in your paper;
- Please be aware that visual imagery may be upsetting to some attendees and seek consent before showing images of people;
- Please send all slides to the conference organiser to be reviewed in advance of the conference. Add documentation of any consent you have received for showing images of people. Screen shots of emailed consent will be acceptable so long as the names and details are clear in the email.